Upcoming Events

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Halloween Treat Holders

What a crazy weekend! I just got back from the Regional Convention in Kansas City - and we had a blast! I was able to attend, (a little last minute!) with a friend of mine - Amy N. Originally I was going to the lake with my Bunco group, but due to some friends coming in from out of town had to cancel. Then, they changed their plans and were coming in earlier, and since Amy had decided she would go with me, I opted to go to convention. It's much more fun to go with a friend! We had a great time! As she said, having someone that shares your crazyness is double the fun!




Well, one of the things that was very popular at the Regional Convention was anything with a Frankenstein face on it! They were on notepad holders, treat holders, card fronts, - anything that held still long enough to get stamped! I can now understand why - you just can't help but love making these guys! They are SO cute! So, this is my version of him - there are so many of them out there, but I changed the nose on mine - probably someone else has thought to use this punch too, but I think I'm being original, so forgive me if I'm not!

There is very little stamping involved in making these. You really only need a good collection of punches. You do use the ink to shade and contour the punched out pieces, which adds to the personality of the face.


From the side you can see that it holds a small bag of M&M's in a little box. Notice the brads that I used for bolts? Cute huh? I can't remember where I saw this box template - I've been doing too much surfing lately - so if it's your's email me and I'll add a link in to your blog.

Ok, so now let me show you where this project led me. I got my creative juices flowing and couldn't stop, so I made some friends for Mr. Frankie. See - it really is a sickness!


Introducing - Vampy and Ms. Witch! I think they turned out SO cute! The witch is a little more involved, but she had to have some spunk, being the only female of the group!









Again, using mostly punches- all from Stampin UP! by the way!- you can create the cutest things - now I know that these are originals! I did use the witch's hat from a stamp set in our new Halloween collection, Eat, Drink, and Be Scary from the new Holiday mini Catalog that becomes available tomorrow. I'm posting it today in the sidebar so you have a day to peruse it before placing your orders here. Just go to the link and click on Shop Now. I keep having other faces pop into my head that want to be created -ghost, pumpkin, scarecrow? There are so many possibilities!

Hope you enjoy my symptoms! I don't even want to tell you how late I was up last night! When you get those creative thoughts flowing it's hard to stop! Watch for a notice for upcoming Halloween project classes that are coming out soon! You won't want to miss them!

Stampin smiles,

Susan

No comments: