Upcoming Events

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Cookies

One of the things that we didn't do this year that I missed was our cookie decorating party. We've done them for 2 years in a row now - the first year was at Christmas when our wonderfully talented friend Amy taught us all the wonders of cookie decorating. (Her website is linked under my creative blogs list - she's the creator of all my special occasion cakes, including the baby cake shown in an earlier posting for my sister's baby shower) Last year I had purchased a special 3-D cookie kit that I was anxious to try, so we all got together and decorated cookies to use as the centerpieces at the church. Since I wasn't blogging back then, I thought I would re-visit our special day and show off our work! I haven't figured out how to caption photos yet, so hopefully in order these are my friends Amy, Kathy and Jane. Despite the fact that I love decorating them, one of the reasons I ran out of time to make cookies this year is the temptation of eating them! They are really GOOD!











So, today was the last day of Spring Break and we spent it working on a
report that Jason has to complete by Thursday on the poet T. S. Eliot! I swear-what they think these kids can handle these days in 6th grade. I wonder sometimes if these teachers are realistic - I mean really, who does she think is typing this when he only started taking typing in January? And despite the fact that we have to include 4-6 poems in the report itself, he only gets 5 points toward the grade -for all that typing!!!! Fortunately, you can find many of them online to copy and paste.

So, compared to last years trip to CA during Spring Break, this year's combination of weather, poetry, mom's surgery, Dave's trip to Cleveland (oh did I mention he was GONE for the first 3 days!) and funerals has been somewhat of a downer! That's why I was looking at last years pictures~! Hope they make you smile too!

2 comments:

jane said...

It was so much fun making those cookies! And they were almost too beautiful to eat. But we know that SOMEONE ate a lot of them...

Mark said...

Yes...I do recall stopping by that day and having one, or two, or three...or was it four?