Upcoming Events

Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm dreaming of a White Easter?



Yes, that's right. Despite the fact that it was almost 70 two days ago, we've had snow flurries off and on all day today, which made it seem more like Christmas than Easter! No spring flowers yet, and all egg hunting had to be done indoors. Lauren was freezing in her pretty dress, and I had to find something pastel, but warm!

But we refused to be kept from celebrating in spring fashion! We had a wonderful breakfast at the church this morning, complete with Jello eggs - and the service was lovely. I played in the Bell choir today and we sang all the traditional Easter Hymns with the fabulous high descants that I love. Mom and Dad didn't make it due to her hand surgery. She is getting better, but still can't do things like her hair! Jason was a crucifer today - they had two, one for the cross and he carried the Bible.

Then we came home and looked for eggs. The Easter Bunny must know that our kids are getting older - less candy this year, and more money in the eggs! Lauren got the Enchanted video that she wanted, and Jason got a book in the series he likes, and some Crest Whitestrips that he wanted! I guess he's wanting to start impressing the girls with his smile!

We did get to see my parents this afternoon for ham dinner. We talked about Amy and Tyler and her struggle to find a nanny. The kids got to hear Tyler on the phone for the first time. He was one month old yesterday! He told them how much he's looking forward to his Aunt Susan coming to visit soon! He seemed very upset that I hadn't come yet.

My friend Jane took this photo of the kids and I in front of the altar and I thought it was really good! Rare to get us all smiling at once!

Blitzen spent the day trying to make sense of all the silly nonsense. He couldn't seem to understand why the kids were looking for eggs, but got really excited hoping it eventually had something to do with playing with him!

I have some other Easter / Spring things that I've been working on, but these are the candies I made for the baskets on the dining room table. I put one at each place. I covered the candies with address labels that I had stamped. They were really pretty. The bunny is a template using the Round Tab punch from Stampin UP! I used an old retired, but much loved set called Funny Bunny for the face.

Hope you all had a happy Easter with those you love!

No comments: