Upcoming Events

Sunday, September 6, 2009

17 years and counting!


It doesn't seem possible, but this weekend marked 17 years of marriage - mostly blissful - for Dave and I. My normal routine on our anniversary is to watch our wedding video, but alas, we have lost our last VHS player and will have to wait until we can convert the tapes to DVD. So, I got out the albums and looked through our memories. Ah, to be that young and skinny again!

Some of the funny memories were:

-Dave being VERY late for the rehearsal due to a problem with his friends car and the sharing of the hotel room with his family - somehow he ended up in the low priority for the bathroom! So, of course on the wedding day I was very anxious to hear that he was indeed in attendance!

-The Casablanca lilies in my bouquet caused me to sniffle through the entire ceremony, prompting people to try to offer words of comfort at the reception!


-The pastor gave me a job promotion! In his homily he called me the Marketing Director for Busch Gardens - HA! If only! Alas, my boss, the true Mktg. Dir. was in attendance and I had some 'splainin to do!

-Being a singer, many of our friends are musical....so many of the weddings we had been to recently had surprise moments when either the bride or groom had broken into song for their intended. So, as the music started for the lighting of the unity candle, Dave whispered to me "Is this where you start singing?" making me giggle and snort. Nice. A snorting bride.


But humor is always a welcome part of my life! So I'll always hold those memories dear. I never had any doubts that this was the person I was meant for, and he for me. And I can honestly say I only see it getting better (after the teenage years especially!)

Thanks to all of you that were a part of our special day. Hope you enjoy these memories!

Smiles,

Susan

No comments: