Upcoming Events

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Stamping Samples



I really don't know how all those bloggers that I browse manage to update on a daily basis! I guess mine is going to be a twice monthly update at best! My life is just too busy to find time to update more often, even though I would like to. Well, first some cards and then I'll post some family updates.

This is a bottle pouch that I created for a hostess this month. I filled it with those on-the-go water flavor pouches. I used Stampin UP!'s Fabulous Flowers - I love that large flower and depending on how you ink it, it can look like a dahlia, mum or peony. This time I went for the peony and inked my flower in Almost Amethyst, then I smacked it with the brush end of my marker with Ballet Blue, and then i misted it with water before stamping it. It offers a really soft watercolored look to the image. I stamped it 3X then cut out different layers and popped them out with the dimensionals. The pouch can hold a single serve popcorn envelope as well, so it makes a great gift over a soda for hostesses when they're getting they're lists ready. So many uses - maybe over a baby bottle with single serve formulas? I hated giving this one away!

Now to another fun project I did at Valentine's that would work for mother's Day, or any special occasion! This is a candy bar pull that holds one flat chocolate bar. Simply pull the ribbon - no need to untie, and the candy comes out. I wanted to use the new felt flowers that Stampin UP! offers. I sure hope the come out with even more colors soon! The stamp set is Time Well Spent, which is a level 3 hostess set, but SU! gave this to demonstrators for Christmas! YAY! I water colored the flower using my aqua painters. Later, I'll post the swaps that we made using this set and some polyshrink. We made them for Lauren's Girl Scout party celebrating the birthday of their founder, and they swap pins at the celebration. I don't want to show them until she has given them out!

That's it for now, but I have a bunch more pictures to load, so check back often- I will continue to try to increase my posting frequency!

No comments: