Upcoming Events

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wishing for cooler weather....

Well, when it's 103 in the shade, your thoughts drift to snow....and drifts OF snow preferably! So, as I sought sanctuary in the coolness of my basement this week, I was inspired to create some winter cards with the new sets I received from the Holiday Mini catalog preview brochure. I can't wait to release the catalog to my friends and clients! They are going to love it! This card is done with the new Supersize Snowflake stamp set. I used Soft Sky paper and ink, and the River Rock. I stamped the message in White Craft ink and applied Dazzling Diamonds glitter to it and then highlighted the letters with the Soft Sky and blender pens to help them pop more. It did seem to help cool me off to work with snowflakes!



This is a card that Lauren and I made together for a birthday party she attended this weekend. I designed it and then helped her CASE it. I have been introducing her to the wonders of stamping....I'm probably creating a monster! Anyway, she did a really good job...the one she did we gave to her friend, but it looked almost exactly the same...she was original in her balloon coloring to make it uniquely hers. We were inspired by the colors and design of the gift bag she was using for her present. That's one of the things I love about stamping...you can make everything match and be inspired by just about anything! The CS is Pixie Pink, Certainly Celery, and Brocade Blue, with a Soft Sky background. I used the On the Spot background stamp and some retired tags set and SAB set (that I forgot to write down, and I'm too tired to go look it up) for the messages.



Ok, today was the first day of school! Here are pictures of Jason (doesn't he look happy that mom has a camera?) off to his first day of middle school-6th grade!!!!! He's got his clarinet in hand. I'm glad to say it came home today too! He really likes his teachers, despite having homework today, and seems really determined to have a good year. His work attitude has really improved...so far so good!








And Lauren, entering 3rd grade this year, looking very "Hannah Montana" in her cute digs from Justice! She was quiet today, maybe a little overwhelmed since she doesn't handle new things well.

I spent my first day of solitude having lunch with my neighbor lady friends at The Blue Owl having our annual "first day of school" outing. Then the grocery store to stock up....and to get to go by myself for a change! By the time I got home Jason was practically home since they get home earlier from MS.

1 comment:

Gracie said...

I can't believe Jason is in the 6th grade...it seems like yesterday that Gramma Paton tracked me down to tell me we had a baby girl...so Happy Birthday, baby girl.
Love ya