Had a great group of stampers last Sunday for my "Crafternoon" - my new term for Stamp Camps! Lauren and I started sharing Crafternoons together over the holidays and I have really enjoyed her new level of craft ability that makes us really able to work together.
So, here are some projects that we did.....
I call these cards "tuck" cards based on the function of having a piece tuck under another piece to hold the card closed. For this card, I played on the fun nature of the DSP - one of our free Sale a Bration offers this month - and made the message piece in the shape of a present, then put a bow at the top! I LOVE using the new Pom Pom ribbon around pop up elements as shown here. I actually didn't notice that they were coming undone a bit until I posted this picture. Must have been handled a bit much at the Crafternoon!
Once open, you can see better how it works. This cupcake stamp is one of my birthday must haves, and it's been in the catalogs for awhile now, so with the new catalog coming out soon, I wouldn't be surprised if it retires - better order now! And you can't go wrong with the new Cupcake Punch!
This card uses a great subtle accent - putting a layer of texture embossed same color paper on top of your base prior to your images. This paper is one of the DSP's from the Occasions mini catalog which is about to expire at the end of April!
But I've saved my favorite for last!!! I love this DSP - it has the most beautiful floral prints and bright yellows! But this is one of the more subtle versions which compliments the colors so perfectly for a spring strawberry. And the sentiment is great from the Eat Chocolate set - again from the soon to expire Occasions Mini catalog you can access on the side bar.
But the best part.....
Is what is says when you open it......
I thought this was just too cute a way to say in words that friends so perfectly compliment each other.
It's also one of my favorites - and always a hit at Crafternoon's - an easel card. See how the little chocolate strawberry props up the open card? Love it!
Hope this gives you some spring inspiration! Happy Stamping!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment