
Just a quick posting this morning before I head off to my Mother's Club meeting. Lauren is leaving today to go to visit my sister, or more accurately my nephew who is having his 2nd birthday on 2/22. This will be her first trip away from me. She'll be gone a week! I'm trying to contain my anxiety. Last night we went to the mall and converted an old cell phone into a "Go" phone so that I could call her at will. We bought her some books for her trip and came home and packed everything up. Her flight is early tomorrow so she is spending the night at my parents, with whom she is traveling. So my valentine to my sister is a week with her "Lola", but I thought I would send a card as well. Today I'm going to work on a fun card for my nephew's birthday for her to take as well.
My kids had a great time over Valentine's weekend going to a local ski lodge. Jason's Boy Scout troop goes every year, but this is only our second time going. Conditions this year were idyllic with the snow the day before. Last time we went it was in the high 40's and icy - but this was great! As you can see these pictures are posed, but they really had a great time and became quite good by the end of the day - even tried the black diamond slopes!

Jason tried out the snowboard at the beginning of the day, but changed to ski's after a while.
All of this activity has made watching the Winter Olympic's more enjoyable - and I think for the kids more impressive since they now know how difficult it is to do!Enjoy your stamping day!
Susan

No comments:
Post a Comment