Believe it or not, my "Streusel Topped Blueberry Cream Pie" was the first place winner in our pie bake-off at the church picnic. I won a trophy for braggin rights that I have to return next year, and a ribbon to keep. The kids were so excited. So, since I've already had requests, here is the recipe:Crust:
2 Cups all purpose Flour
3 Tbspn. Sugar
1/2 tspn. salt
3/4 cup butter, chilled
2 egg yolks
5-6 Tblspn. COLD water
Combine first 3 ingredients and stir well. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in egg yolks and water, one tblspn at a time only adding enough to form ball. Cover and chill at least 30 min. Roll out to fit 9 in. deep dish pie plate. Fold edges under and flute.
Filling:
2 large eggs
6 oz. cream cheese, softend ( I use 1/3 less fat kind)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
1 tspn grated lemon rind
2 Tblspn lemon juice
1/2 tspn salt
16 oz carton sour cream (again I used light version)
3 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
2 Tblspn cornstarch
Beat eggs and cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar and next 5 ingredients. Stir well. Pour into crust. Coat blueberries with cornstarch, and sprinkle over filling evenly. Bake at 400 for 10 15 minutes.
Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tspn ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, chilled
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Combine first 3 ingredients, cut in butter until crumbly, stir in walnuts. Sprinkle evenly over partially baked pie. Bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until center of pie is set. This took actually 45 minutes for me. I think it's a variable of blueberry size, and how well you dry them.
You may need to protect topping and crust with aluminum foil to prevent browning. Let cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Here is Jason's newly learned chore. Dave has been teaching him how to mow the yard this summer. So far, Dave does all the edges and leaves the middle for Jason until he gets more control over it. He's doing really well and is already counting all the money he's hoping to make when he can outsource his services!
Hopefully my sister has received this by now so I can post it! We are all incredibly excited that she's going to be a mom in Feb.!!!!! So, I sent her this little card. I haven't had a reason to use my baby stamps in a long time, and I had actually contemplated selling some of them! YAY! I get to use them at least once more!

No comments:
Post a Comment